Welcome to the first of (hopefully) many Party Inspiration Boards. Today I will be sharing with you my ideas for a Juno themed baby shower!
Stick with the recognizable orange and white stripe combo whenever possible, with accents of green. The theme will be seen clearly with the other elements of the party.
If you are feeling really crafty, create centerpieces with record bowls filled with snacks and/or decorative accents. You could even have them do double duty by filling with a mixture of oranges and pears or carrots and broccoli with dip as an appetizer that stays true to the orange and green color scheme.
I loved this idea for a baby shower so much that I whipped up a Juno themed baby shower printable party package to add to my Etsy shop, which includes printable invitations, party bunting flags, party circles (for cupcake toppers, napkin rings, stickers, etc), table tents (for place cards, food labels, etc), thank you notes, and blank labels. It is an easy printable PDF file that contains all the paper goods you’ll need to really tie the Juno theme together.
We can build a menu from one of the most well known phrases in the movie:
Create a hamburger bar where guests can load up their burgers with all of their favorite toppings. Get a little crazy with a variety of cheeses, condiments, and veggies. An assembly line setup will work best for this to keep the line moving quickly. For a lighter lunch party, opt for sliders instead of burgers.
An individual bottle of Sunny D at each seat would be the perfect drink. (Although, it would probably be wise to have bottles of water too, since most will not want OJ with their burgers!)
For dessert, a great option would be a boysenberry pie to allude to the abortion clinic’s free condoms…
If you are able to round up an Etch-a-Sketch or two, try using them to play a game of pictionary. Toss some Juno and/or baby themed ideas into a hat and give each guest a turn at etch-a-sketching it within a certain time limit. Even more fun would be to have two teams racing to guess the etch-a-sketch first.
I don’t think there could be anything more fitting than to play music from the Juno soundtrack. I have this CD and it is awesome!
- Barry Louis Polisar – “All I Want Is You” (2:37)
- Kimya Dawson – “My Rollercoaster” (0:53)
- The Kinks – “A Well Respected Man” (2:41)
- Buddy Holly – “(Ummm, Oh Yeah) Dearest” (1:53)
- Mateo Messina – “Up the Spout” (0:53)
- Kimya Dawson – “Tire Swing” (3:07)
- Belle & Sebastian – “Piazza, New York Catcher” (3:01)
- Kimya Dawson – “Loose Lips” (2:24)
- Sonic Youth – “Superstar” (4:06)
- Kimya Dawson – “Sleep” (0:52)
- Belle & Sebastian – “Expectations” (3:35)
- Mott the Hoople – “All the Young Dudes” (3:35)
- Kimya Dawson – “So Nice So Smart” (2:47)
- Cat Power – “Sea of Love” (2:20)
- Kimya Dawson and Antsy Pants – “Tree Hugger” (3:14)
- The Velvet Underground – “I’m Sticking with You” (2:29)
- The Moldy Peaches – “Anyone Else but You” (2:58)
- Antsy Pants – “Vampire” (1:20)
- Michael Cera and Ellen Page – “Anyone Else but You” (1:56)
Well, that’s all I have! Is there anything you would add? P.S. If any of you decide to throw a party inspired by this post, pretty please send me your pictures so I can feature them on my blog!
I’m linking up to the “Party Ideas” challenge at The CSI Project.